Friday, September 25, 2015

Important Federal Election on Oct. 19th - We all need to vote

by Richard Rosenthal
Read Biz X Magazine Here

Those of you who have known me for many years probably know that I have been a Liberal and worked for that party for many years supporting such local candidates as Herb Gray, David Peterson, Paul Martin Sr. and many other good people over the years. I have also supported individuals who were not Liberals such as Jane Boyd and Louis Parent who ran for the Conservatives Provincially and people like Bert Weeks who was an NDP candidate that I supported municipally but not Federally.
When I supported non-Liberal candidates it was because their individual skills and attraction outweighed party interests and they were friends who asked me for their support.
We all have grown older, and hopefully wiser, and this has changed our outlook on some things including politics.  I am lucky because I live in Windsor-Tecumseh where an outstanding individual, Jo-Anne Gignac, is representing the Conservatives.
This is an excellent convergence of an excellent proven local politician who has worked hard for Windsor and shown herself to have her home city in her heart and a Federal Conservative party who I have come to believe is the right answer for Canada now. They have proven their worth in that our economy is one of the best in the world, taxes have been reduced and benefits to help people raise their families have been increased. Their international policies make sense and their leader is an honest, if not socially dynamic, individual who generally thinks before he plunges into things. 
Are there still problems? Of course there are, and will continue to be, but I see no solutions coming from the other two leading parties that make sense to me. I see knee-jerk reactions to issues like the Syrian refugee issue that will not make long-term sense. The typical promise to improve the economy by running a deficit has never made sense to me and even the NDP who have been known to lean this way are rejecting it. 
So for me, Oct. 19th will not require a lot of soul searching. I want to see our hard working local candidate, Jo-Anne Gignac represent us in the next Conservative government.
You don't have to agree with me but please think about the issues and vote with your brain for whoever you think will best keep Canada the great place it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment