Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Congratulations to our new government

A few weeks ago I wrote on this blog that I had an easy decision in this election to vote for the Conservative candidate in my riding because Ms. Gignac was an outstanding member of City Council and hard worker for her community and because I believe the Conservatives did a good job managing our country. My opinion has not changed on either of those points.
However, Canada is a democracy and our citizens have decided to elect Justin Trudeau and the Liberal party to lead us forward. I fully support that decision and believe that Mr. Trudeau will try to do everything he has promised. That will be good for the country and all Canadians.
Listening to his acceptance speech tonight I was inspired by his words. He said that he would listen to all the elected members from all the parties. He spoke about how his campaign and platform were based on what he heard from Canadians were the things most important to them. I believe that he meant what he said and I hope that he is able to complete his goals. I'm not unrealistic and know that some will be modified and some may fall by the wayside because plans are plans and have to be flexible to meet changing conditions. But if he can manage to achieve a major portion of his goals and vision for Canada it will be a blessing for all Canadians.
Let's all get behind our new government and help move forward in any way we can.

by Richard Rosenthal

No comments:

Post a Comment